Over two decades, this project area’s many impacts include:
- Documentation of the positive impacts of culturally based early childhood programs and family support initiatives on children, families, and communities.
- Creation of a simple tool to measure social support as one indicator of program success.
- Generated insights about how parents are affected by their involvement in childcare programs via their children, with particular focus on the quality, quantity, and accessibility of the social support that they perceive and receive.
- Analyzed the effective components of Aboriginal Home Instruction for Parents of Preschool Youngsters (HIPPY) and Aboriginal Head Start
- Highlighted the wellness promoting contributions of Indigenous language and culture in programs for children and families
- Underscored the necessity to advocate for policy reforms to improve the living conditions and other determinants of wellness of Indigenous children, families and communities.